Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Town Heritage Open Days

Are they not doing them this year?

Talks/ Hull Civic Society, and visits to architecturally significant buildings.

I had a quick Google, and the information, times, etc on the pages found all relate to 2013.
    • Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

http://www.heritageopendays.org.uk/

Dates are on there
    I don't suffer from insanity.
    I enjoy every minute of it...

Comment

But if I select Hull on there, and select search, all it returns is Preston Heritage walk.

Does not show anything for Old Town

Comment

Dates on here, but no details.

http://www.visithullandeastyorkshire...&venue=2052040

this is what I had searched for:

http://www.hodshull.co.uk/buildings/oldtown.html

Loads of interesting stuff, but for 2013.

Comment

"
          This year we’re introducing two new components at the weekend to supplement Heritage Fun Day
          - High Street Through the Ages – funnily enough, staged in the High Street, which will be*
          closed to traffic for the day.
          - The Festival of Fruit in Humber Street, a somewhat zany affair, staged in the old Fruit Market area of town.
          We hope these three events together will offer something for all the family and all age groups, and will reach out to an even wider audience."

Also if you look on the civic society website, it says events list for 2014/15 updated soon.
          I'm guessing that when the brochure is published (soon I'd guess) fuller details will be in there
          It just hasn't been finalised yet!

But at least you now know when

Comment

Thanks andiec, was not expecting you to do my searching for me.

In previous years, details of the open buildings (which has varied a little from year to year), and the supporting talks, has been available by this time of year.

I have started to suspect that the event is being dumbed down. The comments give me no assurance that the sort of event typical of years past (as seen in the link I put on for 2013) is going to continue.

Comment

I've done a little more digging.

Worry not- last year, the brochure was not released until the beginning of August so there's time yet

Comment

Working...
              X