Long ago and far away! Abbey Street circa 1970

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long ago and far away! Abbey Street circa 1970

Does anyone remember Elaine (can't remember surname, memory fails me) lived at 83 (?) Abbey Street, Hull in the 70s?. I think she had a sister called Susan.
    Last edited by TheAdministrator; 7th October 2012, 09:11:33. Reason: Added street to title to aid searcing

Remember a bit about Abbey Street in the 1970s.My mate George Teal lived along there. We used to go in the Ambassador Club a couple of nights a week .He emigrated to South Africa.But I dont remember Elaine or Susan for that matter.But there must be a good story here Mike.Care to share it with us?

Comment

Hi Jim, Thanks for that. Basically I was clearing out my late mums house some time ago and came across a couple of photos from the early 70s of myself and my family on holiday at Grange over sands in Cumbria. We usually took one of my friends as company, in this case it was a schoolmate, Rob. Whilst there we met Elaine and Susan and hung about together for the week hence the photos. We kept in touch for a couple of years and arranged to meet when Elaine's school were having a trip to an ice skating rink in Sheffield where I lived. Being a typical teenager I remember not being very pleasant and have felt bad about it ever since!. After leaving school I became a Sales rep and Hull was on my area. I remember driving down Abbey Street on a regular basis but never daring to knock on the door!. I now live in North Lincs and visit Hull on a weekly basis where I always found the natives to be really friendly!. I just hope Elaine has enjoyed life and I apologise for being a prat forty years ago!.

Comment

Well Mike, what an intriguing story.Let us hope that Elaine had a nice life.You wonder about her? I wonder if she wondered about you? You have plucked up courage and told us your story.Why not pluck up more courage and knock on that door down Abbey Street? Think of the possibilities? I would love to read the next chapter.The best of luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Procter View Post
          Well Mike, what an intriguing story.Let us hope that Elaine had a nice life.You wonder about her? I wonder if she wondered about you? You have plucked up courage and told us your story.Why not pluck up more courage and knock on that door down Abbey Street? Think of the possibilities? I would love to read the next chapter.The best of luck!!
          I think the property was sold some years ago Jim!.

Comment

Well find out Mike.There must be something worth finding out.Seek and ye shall find said the prophet.

Comment

Working...
            X