Hulls most haunted buildings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hulls most haunted buildings

Hey all, does anyone have any good ghost stories or know of any haunted spooky buildings in Hull ... past or present? I always intended to go on the Ghostwalks but never made it, due to always working evenings

I'd be especially interested to hear any spooky stories of the old town due to me working around there.

The old hornsea railway line is meant to be haunted. But I'm not sure of any buildings. Would be great if there was a few nearby with access, it would make an exciting late night stroll.

Comment

Originally posted by ZaGsTaR View Post
      The old hornsea railway line is meant to be haunted. But I'm not sure of any buildings. Would be great if there was a few nearby with access, it would make an exciting late night stroll.
      Oh no, I didn't know this. Probably just as well as I was riding down there to work in the dark over christmastime when there was no buses running.

Comment

The old Hull Royal Infirmary that used to stand on Prospect Street (where the Prospect Centre is now) was haunted beyond belief. I was spooked out of my wits as a student nurse there many years ago. The nurses' home was even worse than the wards. I read in the paper that shortly after the Prospect centre opened, even the staff in the newly opened retail units saw some ghostly goings on!

Comment

the site where my shop stands down whiteftiargate has also been the subject
          of odd goings-on.
          when it was being renovated a few years ago, some skeletal remains were foind at
          the rear of the building- it stands on the site of what used to be sometjong
          connected with the old monastery.

once, there was just the two of us in the shop and the door alarm went off.
          we went upstairs and the fire exit was open.
          thinking wed had an intruder who had left bia the 'back door',
          we checked the cctv footage. what we saw was the fire door (the type with a strong 'push bar')
          suddenly just swing open very very slowly. no one around. it must have been firmly
          shut or the alarm wouldnt have been set. and the only way it can be opened
          is by pushing the bar.....

also, piles of boxes have been known to "throw" themselves off the wall shelves!
          I don't suffer from insanity.
          I enjoy every minute of it...

Comment

I believe there is a ghost hunt organised by Ye Olde White Harte pub in the old town.

Also, on the subject of haunted hospitals. My wife works for the NHS and is based at Victoria House in Park Street.
            There are many stories of people being heard in there screaming and odd things happening.
            The building was of course a children's hospital, many sadly dying there.

Comment

Prospect Centre

I heard they see a orderly pushing a trolley around it hear the wheels when its quiet.

I'm a hopeful sceptic lol

Comment

How interesting these replies are. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has had a few unexplained experiences. I can't seem to remember an hospital being in prospect street. Maybe it was before my time but at my age, somehow I doubt it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiva View Post
                  How interesting these replies are. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has had a few unexplained experiences. I can't seem to remember an hospital being in prospect street. Maybe it was before my time but at my age, somehow I doubt it lol.
                  aww come on.....your only 50 something lol. it was very definitely before your time!
                  I don't suffer from insanity.
                  I enjoy every minute of it...

Comment

The old HRI was demolished in about 1967, It should have been a listed building, it was absolutely beautiful inside with marble floors and a sweeping staircase that opened up into a gallery. There were busts of ancient physicians dotted about, and the whole place was spotless and gleaming. I have a photo of it that I took myself (just before it was pulled down) with my old Kodak Brownie Instamatic... remember them?? There are images of it on the Facebook page Hull the Good Old Days. And yes, it was damn well haunted, very much so!

Comment

The Princess Royal Hospital had one as well. You could hear a baby crying in the dead of night, but you could never locate where it was coming from. It always seemed to come from above you, even when you were on the top floor. I heard all about this when I first started working there, but never heard anything. Many years later, I worked there again and on a night shift out of the blue, heard a baby crying. Sure enough, I couldn't get a fix on where it was coming from. It sobbed and wailed, then just stopped. Many, many years before, Still Ward at the top of the building was a children's ward. I only ever heard it that once.

Comment

Ah, I would only have been aged around 6 then so no wonder I can't remember it. It's a shame the building is not here still. It would have made a lovely cultural piece for 2017.

Comment

Kingspan Access Floors, warehouse has some strange forklift noises, when nobody is there, and the old Canteen (now a storage room) has had people seeing faces in the Windows..

Comment

I used to work in miss selfridge in the prospect centre and it was most definitely haunted. I saw taps turn on in the staff room, clothes move in the stock room when no one else was there and a lady sitting in the office. She vanished as I walked past. Scary happenings! Lots of other staff saw stuff too.

Comment

Originally posted by Moo View Post
                              I used to work in miss selfridge in the prospect centre and it was most definitely haunted. I saw taps turn on in the staff room, clothes move in the stock room when no one else was there and a lady sitting in the office. She vanished as I walked past. Scary happenings! Lots of other staff saw stuff too.
                              Wow that is pretty scary . isint it a old hospital?

Comment

Working...
                              X