Mountain Biking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Biking

Ive decided to get fit and bought myself a bike. Is there any good cycling tracks round here? I quite fancy off road but the better half would prefer something easier..

Ha. Im doing the same thing. When i was a kid we used to ride around near Raywell. Ive not been on the cycle paths very much though. Quite fancy the Withernsea railway line one summers day, might be a good gentle ride and your in the countryside quite quickly. Hear its haunted too
    Ill upload some google earth files showing the routes around Raywell and Welton later

Comment

Thankyou, that would be real helpful.

Comment

Raywell MTB Route

Sorry I took so long dude. Here you go. Three loops and a route from Skidby to Weedly Springs. Skidby is a good place to start. You can work alot of Bridleways if you park at the cemetery. Ive adapted a route i used to do but not ridden it as part of a loop yet.
        Attached Files

Comment

went to raywell at weekend. was quite busy, but a lovely ride. parked at raywell woods(?) and just rode round the woodland. going to venture a little bit further nexttime. small steps

Comment

I've a vintage raleigh misty racing bike that I ride all the time. Furthest I've got on it is from newland ave to holderness high road via the cycle paths.

Comment

Some good cycle paths around Hull. I like the ones around the industrial areas the best.

And I too prefer a vintage steed but I dont get out on it nearly enough these days.

Comment

I've got a very nice Voodoo Marasa hybrid bike.
                A nice short cycle ride is to Paull. I go occasionally and it's very pleasant on a Sunday morning. Hedon Road has an excellent cycle lane off from the main road.

Another route is along the Humber to the bridge.
                But beware as the tarmacced path becomes a grassy track then ultimately a rocky switchback!

Anybody know where the old Hull to Hornsea railway line actually begins?
                I'd like to cycle that in the summer.

Comment

That's a shame you don't get to ride your bike much these days.

Which model is your vintage steed?

Comment

Working...
                  X